Ann Davidson

Articles by Ann Davidson:

Bo’ness Pottery and Bo’ness Pottery

Over the years, there have been several potteries operating in and around Bo’ness, the first founded in 1766 by Dr. John Roebuck. Roebuck was a partner in the Carron Ironworks and had interests in coal mining (coal being required for the kilns) and salt making as well. When he died in 1791, the pottery was taken over by the manager Thomas Cowan.

Read the rest of this entry »

line