Tag Archives: West Calder Library

A Carnegie Jewel – West Calder Public Library

The first Carnegie library in the old county of Midlothian opened at West Calder in November 1904. With a ceremonial golden key, the former British Prime Minister, Lord Rosebery, unlocked the door to a world of free books. The many … Continue reading

Posted in Places | Tagged , , | Leave a comment