William Grant, the Lord Advocate

The Grant Suttie Dynasty owned and occupied Prestongrange House in Prestonpans, East Lothian for almost two centuries, effectively ending in 1909 with the death of Lady Susan, as her son George, the 7th Baronet, chose to live elsewhere. The dynasty was founded in 1746 when Prestongrange was purchased following the bankruptcy of previous owner, William Morison, “at a judicial sale, by Mr William Grant – His Majesty’s Advocate.”

Read the rest of this entry »

line